Benefits of Massage
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense against toxic invaders.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminating subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
The most useful benefit of my massage is the ability to regain what one has lost and to become pain-free. This above all has motivated him time and time again to double his efforts and take his passion for helping people and ability to the next level. ChiroMed Plus believes we can make the difference in your life.
Types of Massage Therapy Offered
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a very specialized form of massage therapy. A therapist trained in NMT is educated in the physiology of the nervous system and its effect on the muscular and skeletal systems. Neuromuscular Therapy helps the body to restore balance between these systems.
Neuromuscular Therapy can provide relief for: back pain, shoulder pain, hip and groin pain, arm and leg pain, foot pain including plantar faciitis, wrist pain including carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, depression and anxiety associated with long term physical pain.